Choquequirao trek To Machu Picchu 8 Days, is one of the little-crowded routes of Cusco but no less attractive than Machu Picchu, since Choquequirao is considered the Sister Citadel of Machu Picchu.
This is a hike for people with physical training, we have to cross 4 passes, and the highest one is at 4560 meters, a combination of steep climbing where we can appreciate beautiful snow covered picks and challenging downwards pats. The highlights of the tour are our visits to the ruins of Choquequirao city, that was thought to be the “lost Inca city”, since it was discovered on 1992 it has been restored by people that work in the ruins, it receives a very few visitors because of the remote area and difficult hike to reach it; before we will continue to the marble city of Machu Picchu that was discovered in 1912 by Hiram Bingham and now is the most important tourist attraction of Peru, you cannot lose it.
Starting point: Cusco.
Point of arrival: Cusco.
Activities: Archaeological, Cultural, Ecological, Hike.
Air tickets: Not included.
Feel free to ask for other services such as hotel, accommodation and other tours.
Altitude during the trip
Capital: 3,350 m.s.n.m. (Cusco)
Minimum: 2,000 m.s.n.m. (Sahuayaco Beach)
Maximum: 5,085 m.s.n.m. (Abra Sacsarayoj)
Semi-tropical, warm and humid days and cold nights with constant rain throughout the year
Minimum: Between -5 ° C to 11 ° C Open Sacsarayoj (June)
Maximum: Between 20 ºC to 26 ° C Playa Sahuayaco (June)
Rains: November to April
It is delimited by two of the deepest canyons; the Apurímac canyon; that it crosses it by the left margin and by the right margin the tube of the Willcamayu. Both run very fast rivers that sculpted and sculpt one of the most beautiful and spectacular landscapes of our Andean region. This territory has an infinity of microclimates, landscape from high snowy peaks with more than 6000m, passing through high Andean plateaus until reaching an endless cloud forest of high jungle.
This region was dominated by Manco Inca after the western invasion, comprised several nuclei and settlements constructions in sacred places. And with a complex network of Inca road, extended to the presence of Manco Inca, Sayri Tupac, Titu Cusi Yupanqui and Tupac Amaru I. They decided to create a NEO IMPERIAL state, with the aim of preserving all knowledge in religion, astronomy, customs and traditions of an ancient Inca society.
- Experienced guide, cook and rider
- Private transportation to Cachora,
- Full board meals during trekking (vegetarian option or special diets on request)
- Tent Eureka equipment for 2 person, dining tent, Tables and chairs
- Foam cushion roller mattress
- Horses to carry camping equipment
- 1 extra horse in case of emergency
- Entry and honorary admission fees for Machu Picchu
- Return tourist train ticket from Aguas Calientes to Cusco
- 1 night at Hotel Viajeros in Aguas Calientes
- 6 kg Porter for your personal belongings
- A bag for your personal items is supplied
- You have to carry a small backpack with camera, water and snacks.
- Sleeping bags for US $ 40 for 6 nights
- Trekking poles a pair US $ 30
- New Pack 60 liters US $ 30
- Bottle of water, soft drinks or beers
- Tips for your team is optional is not mandatory.
- Optional tips for the crew, totally at your discretion.
- Personal sleeping bag
- Water bottle
- 2 liters of drinking water per day 1
- Purification tablets
- Original passport in a plastic bag
- Backpack with your daily personal items
- Waterproof shoes or boots
- Waterproof or poncho
- Water bottle, flashlight, hat, sun block, sunglasses
- Warm clothes, light clothing, 4 pairs of socks
- Insect repellent
- Tablets for soroche, Coramine, Diamox
- Additional plastic bags, to keep our equipment dry during the rainy season
- Chocolates, candies or other snacks
- Photo camera with enough batteries