The tropical jungle of Machu Picchu, offers a new route, which consists of riding a bicycle and a walk to the Inca city of Machu Picchu, recently discovered.
The royal road of the Inca and the archaeological ruins that are combined with the beautiful landscapes on this route are impressive, we can even appreciate the plantations of the Sacred Leaf of the Incas “the Coca Leaf” which are cultivated legally and with authorization from the Peruvian Government, this excursion is an unforgettable experience. Cycling and trekking in the Ceja de Selva Peruana, four days of travel, which ends with the sunrise scenes in the Inka city of Machu Picchu.
Enjoy an a 4-day combined adventure tour to Machu Picchu, biking 60 kilometer bike downhill, hiking and flying through the sky on a zipline ride along the way, relaxing in a hot spring in Santa Teresa during this 4-day, 3-night trek. This action-packed trip is a twist on the traditional hiking paths to Machu Picchu, The four day, three night trip ends with a dawn view of the valleys below Machu Picchu.
Trek Duration : 4 Days / 3 Nights
Accommodation: 3 nights Hotel and Lodge
Type of Trek : Adventure, Archaeological, Cultural, ecological and Adventure
Activities : Biking, Hiking, Trekking & Walking, Archaeological, Cultural Tours & Sightseeing, Ecological.
Altitude : 2,000 m.a.s.l. / 6,560 ft(Aguas Calientes) – 4350 m.a.s.l. / Abra Malaga
Type of Route : Best adventures Alternative Trek to Machu Picchu
Group Size : Min 02 people – Max 10 people
Difficulty degree of this hike : 2 our difficulty ratings are based on a scale of 1-5, tours with a rating of 1 being least difficult, tours with a rating of 5 being most difficult
Departures Day : – Our company organize daily departures for this unforgettable trekking with the best camp staff.
This hair-raising, adrenaline pumping tour captures the majestic power of Machu Picchu and fuses it with a variety of extreme sports and unbelievable trekking to give you the most action packed experience you can find. Downhill mountain biking, zip lines, raging rivers, sleeping deep in the jungle, walking along lost Inca trails up sheer cliffs shrouded in clouds before reaching the mysterious and stunning ruins of Machu Picchu, this tour has it all!
- Transport from Cusco to Abra Malaga
- Packed Lunch on day 1
- Food from lunch day 1 to breakfast day 4
- Professional bilingual guide
- Bike with front suspension, gloves and helmet
- 03 nights accommodation in basic hostels/lodges
- Entrance fee to Machu Picchu
- Train back and transport to Cusco
- Lunch/dinner day 4
- Rafting in Santa Maria, optional US$30
- Zip line in Santa Teresa, optional US$30
- Hot Springs in Santa Teresa, optional 10 soles
- Hot Springs in Aguas Calientes, optional 10 soles
- Bus from Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu, optional US$12 each way
- Huayna Picchu (US$15) or Machu Picchu Mountain (US$15) see info below
- Hiking boots/shoes
- Backpack (30 to 40 liters)
- Comfortable clothing for trekking
- Rain gear or poncho (rainy season)
- Sandals for evenings
- Clothing for warm weather
- Warm sweater / jacket for 1st morning
- Flashlight + extra batteries
- Hat for the sun
- Sun block
- Water bottle
- Personal medical kit
- Insect repellent
- Toilet paper
- Spending money (soles)
- Original passport