The Urubamba River, is a river in Peru. A partially navigable headwaters of the Amazon River, which originates in the Andes, south-east of Cuzco, near the border with the Puno Region, where it is named after the Vilcanota River. In the Sacred Valley, between Pisac and Ollantaytambo, it is also called the Wilcamayu (sacred river). It flows north-northwest to 724 kilometers before coalescing with the lower part of the Apurímac River to form the Ucayali River.
It has some exciting white water depending on the section of the river is made and the time of year. One of the most popular sections of rafting during the season is the “Chuquicahuana” (Chuqui), the section of the river in the Upper Urubamba. There are class IIl rapids and the water is not polluted, the Sacred Valley of the Incas the sections of the river are. This section is perfect for day trips, with a nice class II, III and III +.
Excellent panoramic riparian trees, large eucalyptus trees, beautiful flowers, profusion of cactus and the Inca ruins adorn this Whitewater trip. This rafting season is throughout the year and from early December to late March the river is Class IV. The rest of the year are class III rapids, in Cusipata (CUSI) section of the river, it has class II rapids.
If you are a lover of adventure sports and nature this is for you. No experience is needed, the talk before the sport will make you feel ready for boating and if that were not enough, security is guaranteed. we will always help you in everything you need.
- Location: Sacred Valley of the Incas.
- Duration: 2 1/2 hours on the river.
- Level: Class II, III Rafting.
- Experience: It is not necessary.
- Departures: Every day, all year.
Enjoy this exciting canoeing trip in the Sacred Valley of the Incas, where we will see some beautiful landscapes near the city of Cusco.
- Transportation by private bus or van
- Experienced Rafting Guide Class IV-V
- Experienced safety Cayaker
- All Equipment (life jacket, spray jacket, wet suit, UK Avon Boats, etc)
- Training by a Professional River Guide
- Experienced saftey Cayaker
- Lunch (Vegetarian Option), comes with hot and cold drinks
- 2 hours plus riding the Rapids
- Tips for your guides are optional.
- Photo and video extra service. Please advise if you want this service in office.
- Bathing suits
- A change of clothes for afterwards
- Sun Screen, hat
- Water to drink
- Waterproof footwear, runners or tennis are recommended