Exploring Machu Picchu Tour takes you on one of the most incredible train journeys in the world. Following the route of the Urubamba River all the way to the cloud forest that surrounds Machu Picchu you enjoy the beautiful scenery of the high Andes throughout the course of the journey. On arrival to Aguas Calientes you are met by your guide and go up to Machu Picchu for your guided tour of the site.
In the 15th century, the Incan Emperor Pachacútec built a city in the clouds on the mountain known as Machu Picchu (“old mountain”). This extraordinary settlement lies halfway up the Andes Plateau, deep in the Amazon jungle and above the Urubamba River. It was probably abandoned by the Incas because of a smallpox outbreak and, after the Spanish defeated the Incan Empire, the city remained ‘lost’ for over three centuries. It was rediscovered by Hiram Bingham in 1911.
Travel distance to Machu Picchu Full Day from Cusco:
- Cusco – Ollantaytambo (By bus) ⇒ 71.9 km
- Ollantaytambo – Aguas Calientes (By train) ⇒ 43.00 km
- Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu (By bus) ⇒ 9.00 km
Travel time to Machu Picchu from Cusco:
- Cusco – Ollantaytambo (By bus) ⇒ 1 hour 41 minutes
- Ollantaytambo – Aguas Calientes (By train) ⇒ 1 hour 45 minutes
- Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu (By bus) ⇒ 25 minutes
Maximum and minimum height in the route to Machu Picchu from Cusco:
- Maxima ⇒ Chinchero 3 762 m.s.n.m.
- Minimum ⇒ Aguas Calientes 2 040 m.s.n.m.
- Height Machu Picchu ⇒ 2 430 m.s.n.m.
This tour will take you to know the main attractions of the Inca city of Machu Picchu, its enigmatic temples, its impressive vegetation and its buildings that have lasted for thousands of years and that until now is an enigma. Enjoy this tour with Inca World!
PERU RAIL – TRAIN EXPEDITIONS The traveler in the Expedition will be comfortable and relaxed, will also be informed about the most important points that this millenary route has and that every adventurer should know.
The Expedition has wagons totally covered by panoramic windows so that the traveler can immerse themselves in the beauty of the natural landscape, and make their experience to Machu Picchu begin on the train
PERU RAIL – VISTADOME SERVICER completely glass-enclosed, with wagons with wide panoramic windows that offer unparalleled scenic views and a number of opportunities to take spectacular photographs, the traveler in the Vistadome connects and feels part of the impressive landscape of Peru. Perurail provides a personalized and first level service in which the traveler on board will live an unforgettable experience.
The Vistadome also has an air conditioning and heating system, leather seats that adapt to the body providing comfort and relaxation during the entire trip.
The Vistadome has a different service on board, which allows the traveler to immerse themselves and feel the Andean culture through its landscapes, music, dances and even food carefully prepared with ingredients from the area.
The train schedule is only confirmed the day before the start of the trip, if you joined a group day before the start of the trip, we can not guarantee that you travel on the same train as the rest of the group.
Train schedule subject to change depending on Peru Rail timetable and availability.
To qualify as a student, it is necessary to have a valid ISIC-CARD card (student card worldwide). scan and send us a copy of an email at the time of booking.
- Pick up from the hotel
- Transfers from Cusco by bus to Ollantaytambo station
- Roundtrip train tickets Ollantaytambo – Aguas Calientes
- Bus up and down the village of Àguas Calientes ¨a ¨Machu Picchu
- Entrance to Machu Picchu
- Professional tourist guide in English and Spanish languages
- Transfer from Ollantaytambo to Cusco by bus
- Permanent assistance provided by our company.
- Lunch Box Machu Picchu Full Day, Box Lunch (2 apples, 2 bananas, chocolate, biscuit, juice “frugos”, jumbo bar)
- Lunch in Aguas Calientes.
- Admission ticket to the thermal baths.
- Entrance to Huaynapicchu (USD $ 10.00).
- Wear sneaker or light shoes or tennis shoes
- Drink plenty of fluids on your excursions
- Waterproof (rain poncho) in rainy season
- Long sleeve shirts.
- Long and light pants
- Insect repellent
- Sunscreen, wide brim hat for the sun
- Medicine or articles for personal use
- One lightweight backpack or briefcase per person
- Photographic camera or signer
- Have extra money to buy some gifts, dollars, euros or soles