- Trek in a high Andean realm. Stay in a mountain 4 season roomy tents (Black Diamond tents).
- Your own private guide, porters, delicious camp cuisine prepared by your personal cook.
- Explore trail-side archaeological sites that only Inca Trail 4 days hikers have access to.
- Hike to Machu Picchu on mystical, stone-paved paths built by the Incas.
- Enter Machu Picchu on foot through the Gate of the Sun, as the Incas once did.
- Trek every day fully supported; carry only day packs.
- Enjoy the comfort of our famous Inca Trail camping services, the best on the trail!
- Spend the last day at Incomparable Machu Picchu, “Lost City of the Incas” with a private guide.
- Direct & official local tour operator based in Cusco, managed by locals.
Altitude: 2050 – 4200 m. / 6730 to 13,780 f.
High season: from March to January
Duration: 4 days / 3 nights
Level of difficulty: Moderate
Classic 4 day Inca Trail hike to machu picchu is our top tour rated hike, Walking the Inca Trail with Explore wich is Peru’s most sought-after trek for its breathtaking panoramas, vast ecological diversity, and well-preserved archeological sites. It is trekking 4 days along the original ancient stone Inca path, we traverse high mountain passes and trek through ecological areas ranging from high desert puna to an Andean cloud forest and subtropical jungle. During this classic 4-day trek Our Explore Leader
will point out the native flora and fauna and explain important facts and legends about the magnificent Inca Empire. On the fourth day, we arrive to Machu Picchu through the Intipunku, or Sun Gate, from where we catch our first exhilarating glimpse of the archeological wonders below. At Machu Picchu, we spend ample time discovering these spectacular remains before returning to Cusco by train.
- Transfers In / Out
- Transportation Cusco – Km 82 “Piscacucho”. (Start walking)
- Professional bilingual tour guide English / Spanish.
- Assistant tour guide (for groups of 9 or more people)
- Entrance Fee to Machu Picchu.
- 3 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 3 afternoon snacks, 3 dinners. Vegetarian (vegan) food on request at no extra cost!
- Cook. (Professional)
- Drinking water along the Inka trail, only on meal times.
- Dining tent with tables and chairs
- 1st Aid Kit
- 01 Oxygen Ball
- Porters (to carry tents, food and cooking equipment)
- Quadruple & waterproof Camping tent “02 people only”
- 01 Sleeping Mattress per person “thermal rest”
- 01 Bus ticket Machupicchu Inca City to Aguas Calientes.
- Return train tickets in Expedition Service (Machu Picchu – Ollantaytambo and bus to Cusco)
- Breakfast on the first day and the last lunch in Aguas Calientes
- Entrance to the Mountain Huaynapicchu (USD $ 60) prior advance booking (You must pay another entrance to Machupicchu and Huaynapichu)
- Bus descending from Machu Picchu to Aguas Calientes, where it is near the train station, you can pay the cost of $ 10.00 for the bus service or walk back to
- Aguas Calientes, which will take you about an hour.
- Sleeping bag (if you do not have a sleeping bag, there is the possibility of renting one)
Here are some of our top tips on what to pack for your Inca Trail Hike, pack lightly but remember to bring items to cover you in all weather conditions. Who wants to find themselves up a mountain with no sunscreen for hours on end or no waterproof jacket in a tropical storm?
- Passport & cash
- Daypack (to carry your personal necessities during daily hiking)
- Sleeping bag (also available for rent for $15.00USD per day)
- Comfortable hiking shoes or boots (well broken in)
- Waterproof clothing (such as a rain jacket & pants)
- Layered clothing (for variable weather conditions)
- Small towel & toiletries
- Personal medication & basic first aid kit
- Water bottle (reusable for environmental concerns)
- Sunscreen, sunglasses & hat (wide brim for full coverage)
- Dry shampoo
- Insect repellent
- Antiseptic hand sanitizer
- Torch / Flashlight