Maras – Moray is an adventure bike ride that lasts all day recommended for people who like to ride a bike. Enjoy the tranquility of nature, fresh air, beautiful landscapes, learn and know the culture of the people of the Sacred Valley and nearby towns such as the circular terraces of Maras that were possibly used as experimental laboratories in the time of the Incas and the salt mines of Moray.
Modality: Adventure, landscape, Cultural and Archaeological
Departure days: Daily departures
Period: from March to January
Travel duration: 1 Day
Group size: minimum 2 people
Maximum height: 3,700 mt
This is an adventure on a bike that includes a visit to the Inca agricultural laboratory in Moray, a marvel of Inca engineering built to imitate several different microclimates.
We will walk our way on mountain bikes admiring the beautiful landscape of the colorful chacras (crops), mountains, we will also see the inhabitants in their daily tasks.
We will visit the white and bright stepped pools of salt in the town of Maras, then we will slide on our bikes for a descent of adrenaline towards Urubamba.
- Transportation: Cusco -Chancadora- Cusco
- Professional guide in English and Spanish
- Hand lunch
- Complete equipment of bicycle, gloves, helmet.
- First aid kit
- Entrance to the archaeological complex of Moray y Maras
Arriving at 9:30 p.m. approximately.
- Tickets (The entrance to Moray is included in the Tourist Ticket, the entrance to Maras must be paid separately – contact us about the Tourist Ticket)
- Possibly the most important thing to keep in mind: Tips for the guides.
- Small backpack
- Shorts and comfortable clothes for riding a bicycle.
- Waterproof jacket or poncho (depends on the weather)
- Water and Snacks
- Hat or hat
- Camera or camcorder
- Tourist Ticket